Monday 19 October 2015

OH CANADA

Many of my songs were made in Canada and the one I am working on at the present time belongs there

When I first landed as an immigrant in 1968 the newly elected Prime Minister was the creative and charismatic Pierre Elliot Trudeau and I wake today to discover that his son Justin will be the new Prime Minister
It is marvellous news
It makes me want to sing

AND GOOD RIDDANCE TO THE OIL ECONOMY DRIVEN MISERIES OF THE HARPER GOVERNMENT

One cannot help but wonder if Margaret Atwood's comments about Stephen Harper's hair played an important part in the outcome of the election
I will relocate them and post them later today And it should be noted - if you read them - that they were later removed from the newspaper which first printed them, prompting Ms Atwood to follow up by asking if she had been censored

PS Am also experiencing deep regrets about what we have in the UK - for the similarily miserable business driven self aggrandising spivs led by the spiv supremo - just call him Dave We should surely be ashamed of what we have brought upon ourselves and those we are supposed to care about